Monday, February 13, 2012

Goodbye Josh

Within three minutes of meeting him, I knew what kind of a man Josh was. Billy adored him instantly. The sound of his voice at the front door could raise Billy from the deepest sleep. He would throw himself across the sidewalk to slobber all over Josh if we met in the street. No dog, no human could hold Billy's interest if Josh came through the door when we were visiting downstairs.

Josh, you were the guy who would jump into Lake Michigan in January to raise money for homeless dogs, who would help to rescue a stinky, starved little pittie from a drunken, abusive man. You were the guy who enjoyed the kind of Billy greeting that only the biggest heart could tolerate. I will remember you as I last saw you, accepting the love you inspired from a black and white blur who hurled himself down the stairs to greet you.


Joshua Bouton (1984 - 2012)

Josh's family, friends and the wonderful girl who loved him are hurting more than words can say right now. Please keep them in your thoughts and in your hearts.

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. We'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this...it sounds like he was a wonderful guy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds wonderful - I'm sorry for your loss and for a beautiful soul taken too early :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond sad. We are so sorry to hear this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you cousin! Miss you greatly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and Josh's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is breaking for all who loved Josh. I hope they can find peace in their memories of this remarkable man.

    MayzieMom

    ReplyDelete
  8. We didn't know Josh, but anyone who could elicit that kind of devotion from a dog had to be special. Our hearts go out to Josh's family, friends, and all who knew and loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry for the loss of your (and Billy's) friend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very heartbreaking....
    I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...