Thursday, April 14, 2011

Positive Reinforcement (or the power of chicken)

The temperature dropped and I got lazy!

Buster was a bit limpy so was only allowed a quick trip out to the yard, but Billy had some bounce in his step. We popped out for 15 minutes and managed some very successful leash-reactivity training. Of course that's not quite enough for the boy so I resorted to the winter trick:



It's a fun tool to use from time to time and easy enough to teach (let's face it, if I can do it, anyone can!). Bilbo stays on there because he's happy to do so, because I taught him to get on using targeting and then made it fun with his favorite treats. So I'm definitely not in agreement with certain TV personalities who pull dogs on with a leash and tie them to the treadmill to make them run. 

It's a good reminder for me that Bilbo can learn anything with a little patience and consistency. Time to tackle some more training I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...