Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bilbo the poster dog

I admit, I'm pretty biased when it comes to my hound, but I have to say that in Billy's case I get plenty of reinforcement when it comes to thinking he's the most handsome pooch out there. Although people tended to cross the street in my old neighborhood, these days passersby are always telling me what a cutie he is and in the summertime drivers regularly pull up their cars in the sidestreets and call out of the window.

Billy is trying not to let it all go to his head but I'm afraid we've definitely encouraged him to think of himself as a bit of a movie star. The first step was when he had a "walk-on part" in a live graphic novel! The awesome group Fifth House Ensemble created a project called Black Violet with artist Ezra Claytan Daniels and Billy was drawn into one of the scenes, so I got a fantastic portrait of him!


I don't know how to embed a vimeo here so I'm afraid you'll have to click on this link to watch the trailer for the show. Those of you who know me in real life will recognize the voice-over!

Then, before Billy had completely adjusted to his new-found fame he became the face of One Tail at a Time! He managed to fool his rescuers into thinking he was a good boy so they put his handsome mug in their logo:



Here he is modeling a new One Tail hoodie on Christmas morning




If you need more Bilbo in your life (and let's face it, who doesn't?) you can get him in t-shirt/ tank top/ hoodie form here.

As if that weren't enough, I had to go and sign him up for a calendar shoot with Jeremy Lawson so here is as Mr October (which was his adoption month back in 2009)



If that's not enough doggy mementoes for you this morning, head on over to Two Pitties in the City to see some photos of her gorgeous duo and read the post that inspired today's ramblings.

Or, to check out a truly dedicated dogmom, click here to see how Fifty's mom is immortalizing her two-legged star.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he is quite famous around town! And what an honor that he became the logo. It's so funny you mention the part about being shunned in your previous neighborhood to having people yell out car windows, because we had the exact same experience. It's so funny how receptive people are on 'our side of town' and when we travel back to some other neighborhoods we're actually shocked that people cross the street. We were in Lakeview for Halloween, Miss M had an angel costume and Mr. B had a turtle costume, and as we were walking down the street towards the parade people didn't even crack a smile or stop and talk to us. In our own neighborhood we could barely make it out our front door without being stopped. And thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic! We had fostered Billy for a few weeks but my Parker and him couldnt get along. It broke my heart to send him back but I am so happy he found a good home and is doing well. I still have his picture on my phone and my daughter still talks about him all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...